Thursday 20 January 2011

THE SOLITARY WRITER

Just me and the computer.  For an undistinguished, unknown author, this is all your working life is.  Write  some more of the latest book.  Send some emails to potential agents or publishers.  Read the rejection emails.  Cry. (Careful you don't get the keyboard wet.)  Read how to market e-books - do some of the stuff they suggest.  Click, click click, as my fingers dance over the keys.  And all the time, the strange sensation that I'm talking to myself.  Hoping someone will catch you on Skype for a short  conversation.  Do all struggling writers suffer from this, I wonder? 
Thank goodness for film making - an occasional chance to actually connect directly with other humans to do something that will have a creative output.  James contacted me and we may do a film review next week.  That'll get me way from the computer desk for a bit. And I'm one actress away from getting a cast for the short film from Emma-Lee's script. Hope that one comes off.  
Aah well, back to you Mr Microsoft.  Which buttons will I press next?        

No comments:

Post a Comment